Developers don’t care what’s the nature of their operating systems, they always want to bring ease into their professional courtesy. Just take an example of Xcode IDE (Integrated Development Environment) software. Such a beneficial platform is only available for the limited OS.
That’s why I’ve decided to introduce you to one way to Download Xcode for Windows. This way, you’ll be able to develop your desired iOS apps on Windows PC & Laptop. So let’s just start with a short overview of this beneficial utility.
What is Xcode?
Xcode is an official product of Apple Inc. This beneficial tool is officially designed to help those who want to develop iOS apps. If you are a Windows user and have developed Android apps, then you may be aware of an emulator known as Android Studio. Yeah, the Xcode IDE does the same job, but the only difference is that you get to develop iOS supported apps in it.
A good thing about this utility is that it covers all the compatibility levels of iOS platforms. Meaning, it can be used to develop apps that work on MacOS, Apple Tv, WatchOS, and iOS. So there are no complications in creating any elite apps. And that’s the main reason why this utility is only officially available for Mac operating systems.
If you are using Xcode to develop iOS apps, then you get an interface that’s hard to refuse. Because all of the sections & categories are available for a developer’s ease. Several tools and preview section is what helps you make the most out of this software. Furthermore, it also contains a search facility for users who are facing difficulty in developing a dazzling app.
Prominent Features of Xcode
Xcode consists of all the good features that you would want from a good software development kit. But most of the users are unaware of such facilities. So I’m going to talk about some of the characteristics that help you get the job done conveniently.
- Source Editor: This section of this tool allows you to create and edit programming codes. With it, you can easily locate a code’s part or even add codes with different colors, so you can understand it in the future.
- Supported Languages: One good feature of Xcode is that it supports lots of programming languages. It supports coding with C, C++, Java, AppleScript, Ruby, Python, etc. So it is beneficial for all the beginner & professional level coders.
- The Compiler: After editing or creating code, you can easily preview it at anytime you want to. You don’t have to rush into develop the whole code, just to preview it. In fact, the compiling process is pretty impressive, because it takes lesser time as compared to other IDE.
- Live Preview: Once you are done in creating the whole code of an app, you can use the Live Preview facility. A mobile-like interface starts to appear inside the app and it starts to work like an emulator. This way, you are able to conclude how’s your app gonna look on a particular iOS device.
- Free Usage: Xcode is developed by a tech giant, so all of its services are free of cost. You are not told to pay any extra charges while downloading, installing, or even using this software development kit. However, you are required to have an Apple ID to use it (which is also free).
Download Xcode for Windows 10/8/7
There’s no official method to Download Xcode for Windows 10/8/7 OS. But you are allowed to use the services of Virtual Machine to complete the task. In that case, I’ll be using VirtualBox to help you create iOS SDK on Windows operating systems. Heed below if you want to understand the proper steps to get the job well-done:
- You can start by downloading VirtualBox on your Windows PC or Laptop. (Link)
- After installing the virtual machine, open it.
- Click once on the New button.
- Set the following value in the new tab.
- Name: MacOS
- Type: Mac OS X
- Version: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- RAM: Select the scale up to 4GB
- Hard disk: Check the Create a virtual hard disk now checkbox.
- Hit the Create button.
- Now select the hardware type VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image)
- Under Hard disk, make the selection of Use an existing virtual hard disk file
- Select and upload the MacOS file from your PC.
- Wait for a while and let the virtual machine install the MacOS image file.
- Afterward, follow the onscreen prompts.
- When you are notified of the successful installation of MacOS, open the Safari Browser inside the VirtualBox.
- Navigate to the Apple Store and log in with your Apple ID.
- Use the Apple Store’s search bar to open Xcode.
- Hit the Download button and wait.
- Thereafter, start using Xcode for Windows OS.
That’s all, thanks for visiting TechPCWin.