The Android industry has a lot to offer us. Millions of beneficial apps and tools are introduced in the Play Store. Many of the tech lunatics find and use them according to their perspectives. Likely, we are going to talk about an amazing app only made for the Linux developers and users. Yeah! its Termux, which is delivered only for mobile devices. So I will help you download & install Termux For PC, free download on Windows 7/8/10 & Mac. Before we take you to the guide, let’s have a short overview of the app.
Termux is a Linux-based terminal that allows you to run & test commands respectively. It helps you to run C, Python, NodeJS commands with the help of your Android phone. As for the developers, they can use this app on a rooted device (which is not safe). So for the users who do not know much about the rooting process, they can stick to the stock firmware and access the app safely. The fundamentals of this app are to allow access to the Linux packages.
Variant Linux Add-ons
There are several facilities aka Add-ons available in Termux, some of them are listed below:
- Widget: Run commands from the home interface of your device.
- Task: Access Termux from other apps and tasker.
- Styling: Optimize text colors and styles as you desire.
- Float: Get a draggable terminal to run commands anytime you want to.
- API: Acquire all the available hardware features on Chrome & Android.
- Boot: Execute scripts during the boot process.
Is Termux Good For You?
Termux is developed for both expert and beginner developers. It also helps a user to learn how to start developing programs & software. For the learning part, users can use the pkg_search command. They can enter their query and press enter, that’s it. Get the right results to start your programming career. Likely, for the experts, they can access the entire programming world without inconvenience. No blockade was provided to them because of SSH protocols available within the app. Like to learn more about Termux? Visit wiki.termux.com.
Termux helps a lot in running Linux based programming scripts and short commands as well. The main thing about the app is that it does not comes with in-app purchases and online ads. It’s specifically delivered for the good of developers both the experts and the beginners. My experience with the app was really amazing, it helped me a lot in clearing my concepts about writing and executing complicated commands. So if you are willing to learn more in the field of code development, I would recommend you access Termux on Android or PC.
Termux for PC: free download on Windows-Mac
Termux is an Android App. But with the help of Android Emulators, you can download Termux for PC easily. The good thing is that you can download Termux for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Termux for Mac. The reason behind this is an Android Emulator. If you want to install Termux on PC then you need to follow the instructions given below.
Easiest Way To Install Termux for Windows 10/8/7/Mac
- For best cross-platforming results, download BlueStacks on PC. (Link)
- Ensure that your device has 5GB of free disk space and then open the software’s raw file to start the installation process.
- The installation wizard is pretty straight forward, it’s just like installing any Windows or Mac application.
- After you’ve installed the BlueStacks software, launch it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure the emulator according to your requirements.
- From the main interface of the software, launch the Google Play Store.
- Type Termux inside the play store’s search bar and press enter.
- Install the app just like you do on your Android device.
- When the installation is completed, start emulating Termux for Windows 10/8/7/Mac directly from the play store.