Sony Inc has introduced us to a platform that’s hard to ignore. Yes, I’m talking about the PlayStation. A user always says that he’s happy with playing battle royale games on Android or PC. But he always knows in his heart, that he can’t compare such games with the ones he could get on a PS3 or PS4.
I know that and you know that, so here, I’ve listed several methods to help you Play PS3 & PS4 Games On PC. It may seem like a hard target to achieve, but trust me, you’ll be glad that you read my article after acknowledging the right solutions.
How Do I Play PS3 & PS4 Games On PC?
Your attention is required to acknowledge the fact that you can’t just straightforwardly install PS3 & PS4 Games On PC. Because it just against the rules and your machine will not accept the PlayStation file format installation. So basically, you are going to get help from third-party software to complete the task.
Related Article: Xbox 360 Emulator For PC Download (Windows/Linux /Mac)
Way 1: Play PS4 Games on PC through Remote Play
To remove any complications, I want you to acknowledge that running PS4 games on PC is not as simple as you think it is. You need a fast working computer that meets the requirements of Remote Play. If you don’t know much about such requirements, read the following instructions carefully:
- Compatibility: You should own a PC that’s running on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. And for Mac users, they should have OS X Yosemite+
- Game Controllers: DUALSHOCK 4.
- For Connectivity: DUALSHOCK 4 USB wireless adaptor or USB Cable.
- Bandwidth: 15Mbps or above.
- RAM: 2GB or higher.
Now that you are aware of all the requirements, let’s just get on the part of using Remote Play:
- Download and install Remote Play on your Windows or Mac device. (Link)
- After installing the software, launch it.
- When asked, attach your DUALSHOCK 4 game controllers with your PC. (ensure that your PS4 and PC are connected with the same WiFi)
- Once you have connected the game controllers, click on Start
- Login with your registered PS4 account.
- If the software can collect your account data, you’ll be redirected to its home interface.
- If not, then you’ll be required to upload your data manually.
- Your work is done, you can now play PS4 games on PC.
Way 2: Get PS Now on PC – Official Sony Product
You’ll be glad to acknowledge that Sony Inc has delivered a platform for PlayStation lovers. Its basic purpose is to allow a user to run the PS3 & PS4 games on PC who don’t own a PlayStation. So you can do the same by visiting the official website and start accessing the services after registering for a PS account.
If you are worried about the packages, then let me introduce you to them. Yes, there’s a 7-day trial period that every account holder gets to achieve. But anyone still wants to stream PlayStation games on PC, then he’ll be required to pay £29.99/month or £49.99/year.
- Download PS Now software on your PC.
- Install the software by following the onscreen prompts.
- After its successful installation, it’ll launch by itself.
- Once it has completed the first-boot process, you’ll be redirected to its home interface.
- Now if you have a PS account, enter your account credentials and click on Login.
- If you don’t have a PS account, click on the Signup button. Enter the required instructions to get the job done. You can select a 7-day trial period or become a premium subscriber, do as you see fit.
- Connect your DUALSHOCK 4 game controllers with your PC.
- Select a game from the provided list.
- Hit the Play button to start experiencing PS3/PS4 games on PC.
Way 3: Downloading PS3 & PS4 Emulators
Lots of emulators are available in the market. But to play PS3 & PS4 games on PC, you have got a very little option. Anyway, you don’t need to worry about anything at all. Because I’ve just got the right utility to help you get the job done. I’ll be using ESX PS3 and PCSX4 PS4 emulators to get the job done. Let’s see how you can start working with them
ESX PS3 Emulator for playing PS3 games
You can get an ESX PS3 emulator to play PS3 games on PC. But for that, you’ve to ensure that you’ve installed Windows 7 or later operating systems on your computer. And also, your system should have 2GB or above RAM.
And to work with the emulator, you’ve got to log in with an administrator account. Else, everything’s pretty simple and straight forward. Which is, after launching the software, follow the onscreen instructions to configure it. Now upload the ISO image files of your PS3 games inside the emulator.
PCSX4 PS4 Emulator to Play PS4 Games
PS4 games are kind of heavy as compared to the PS3 games. So you need a different emulator to get the job done. You can get a PCSX4 PS4 emulator for that cause. It runs perfectly on Windows 10/8/7 and macOS or later OS. And for sure, you need more than 4GB RAM. But there’s one thing more, your computer should have .net framework 3.5 and DirectX 11.1 or above.
Now that it’s pretty clear that this emulator runs on both Windows and Mac machines. But before you install the emulator, please make sure that you’ve attached the right game controllers with your PC. Because it picks up devices during the boot process.
That’s all, thanks for visiting TechPCWin.