Live streaming is always preferred by users who have a healthy internet connection. And the bigger display you have, the more interesting it becomes to watch media content on it. Also, there are lots of Indian fans, who wish to watch movies and shows in Hindi & other languages.
Here, my goal will be of discussing a way to Download Hotstar for PC. So users can know how it’s possible for them to install Hotstar for Windows 10/8/7/Mac machines. But in the beginning, I would like you to get a detail about the app.
What is Hotstar?
Hotstar is a live streaming application, Which is free to download in India, US, Canada, & UK (Basic content is free to use in India only). This application is top in its category with more than 350 million downloads around the globe. Its Indias largest premium streaming platform, Dramas & movies are available in 17 languages and covers almost all major sports events around the world. There are 10 different types of memberships that you can buy depending on your budget and interests. Membership starts from ₹ 299 and ends at ₹ 4,199. And it’s provided by Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt. Ltd and the size of the application is 223.2 MB.
Hotstar application was launched back in early 2015 and from then, The creators of this application have done a good job giving attention to every single detail. The content of the application varies from country to country. In order to provide you with the best experience of Hotstar application, The application will ask for location permission and data of other apps installed on this device to offer personalized recommendations.
A variety of TV shows, different shows in various languages are provided in the application. Watch the latest episode of Vikings which are uploaded within hours after being aired. Live sports channels are also available in this application. While live streaming you can comment on the live stream and also read the comments of other users who are watching the live streaming on the same platform. Various news channels are also available. You can watch previously aired talk-show or you can also watch the live stream of the news channels. Watch the latest movies and ever-green movies like Devdas etc.
Here are some of the main categories of the Hotstar application.
- Watch ICC Cricket World Cup (CWC) live stream available yearly.
- Get live scores for all the World Cup matches along with schedule, highlights and points table.
- Live Cricket, Live Tennis Grand Slams, Football, Formula 1 racing, Hockey, Badminton, Tennis, Table-tennis, Kabaddi.
- In Social Feed you can share opinions about the match and invite your friends and family also.
- In Leaderboard, you can check the rank of your favorite team.
- Watch cricket match replays and Highlights
- The scoreboard is always updated.
- Feature live sports like Premier League (PL), Indian Super League (ISL), Pro Kabaddi League (PKL), etc.
- A variety of selection of different genre movies are available.
- Categorized in their specific genre for easy finding.
- Search bar to find a specific movie of your choice.
- All Hollywood movies are available.
- All Bollywood movies are available.
- Latest and Ever-Green movies are also available.
- A different selection of languages is available.
- Watch Hindi, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu movies
More-n-more seasons are added from time to time:
- Hindi Shows:
- Watch all Hindi Series and shows like Nazar, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, etc.
- Watch shows in a different language like Bigg Boss Tamil, Super Singer, etc.
- Instant upload, Shows available within hours after being aired.
- English shows are also available in Hindi Dub.
- English Shows:
- Stream all the latest English Shows.
- Search for your favorite English series.
- Hotstar Specials:
- Bold, authentic and exclusive stories, produced by Hotstar are exclusively available for its customers.
In addition, steam news channels or watch previously uploaded news and Talk-Shows. Some of the available news channels are.
- Aaj Tak.
- Republic TV news channels.
- Polimer News.
- ABP News Live & Asianet News Live.
Here is a list of local Indian channels that are available on Hotstar. You can watch TV shows and series of the following channels.
- Star Plus
- Star Bharat
- Star Sports
- Star World
- Nat Geo
- Fox Life
- Star Maa
- Star Jalsha
- Star Pravah
- Star Utsav
- Star Vijay
- Star Suvarna
Hotstar for PC and Laptop
Now I am going to tell you how you can download Hotstar app for PC and Laptop. For both Windows and Mac, first, you have to download an Android Emulator. By using an Android Emulator I’m going to download and install Hotstar on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Hotstar for Mac.
I highly recommend the use of BlueStacks Emulator. This Emulator is also top in its category just like Hotstar application. BlueStacks Emulator uses the latest Android Operating System and has a user-friendly interface. This is why you should use BlueStacks Emulator. You can use any Android Emulator you like but it may lack something.
How To Download BlueStacks Emulator
- Download the latest version of the BlueStacks Emulator.
- Open the download file to start the installation process.
- Wait for 5 to 10 min the installation takes time due to its size.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- For the configuration, select the language you are comfortable in.
- Add valid Gmail account or create a new Gmail account. (this is very important, Playstore requires Gmail to run)
Now your BlueStacks Emulator is ready to use.
Download & Install Hotstar for PC Using BlueStacks
- Open BlueStacks Emulator. (this takes time depending on your PC specs)
- From the home screen of BlueStacks open Playstore.
- Search for Hotstar application, Download the application created by the original creator.
- Click on the install button to start the download process.
- The installation will start automatically.
- Open the Home screen of BlueStacks an icon of Hotstar has appeared.
- Double click on the icon to open Hotstar for PC.
This is how you can Download and install Hotstar application on your Windows and Mac.